Before and after the meeting with your adviser, give consideration to the following questions:
Before: What goals am I pursuing with this investment?
- Are the goals realistic?
- Are the goals consistent with my circumstances and resources?
Who is the service provider?
- Don’t allow yourself to be taken in by impressive-sounding names.
- Does he provide documentation (retain) and, if so, is this informative?
- Be cautious: high yields generally = high risk.
What are the costs (including consequential costs)?
- Order execution costs?
- Cost of ownership?
- Resale costs?
- Minimum fees?
- Obligations for further payment?